Jobs Code of Conduct
When using Homesteaders Marketplace, please keep in mind that all jobs advertised in classified ads and in reply to other ads must adhere to our job rules, as well as our regular posting policies.
The following types of jobs are prohibited from being advertised on the site:
- Pyramid schemes, or jobs that require upfront or periodic payments.
- Jobs that pay only commissions, unless the ad makes it clear that the sole source of compensation would be commission, and clearly describes the product or service that would be sold.
- Jobs that involve sexual activities.
- Ads that are not clear regarding what type of work would be required.
In addition, please keep in mind that:
- Multi-level marketing jobs must be posted as a Professional Employer ad.
- Requiring a photo for an application is prohibited.
- Discriminating against race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, disability and conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record suspension has been ordered is prohibited.
- Replies to ads for any purpose other than recruitment to a legitimate position are prohibited.
- Replies to ads for personal reasons, or for solicitation of any sexual or otherwise inappropriate purposes are strictly prohibited and may result in a loss of ability to utilize Homesteaders Marketplace.
- Section 41 of the Quebec Charter of the French Language may be applicable to you and provides that every employer shall draw up and publish his offers of employment or promotion in French.